Over the past two years, there has been a lot of discussion about learning experience platforms, and we commonly use the abbreviation LXP for the same. Before we get into a lot of discussion about the learning experience platform, it is essential to know what is a learning experience platform? In simplest terms, we can define it as a platform that users can use to experience learning via a wide array of personalized and recommended content.
LMS, a learning management system, had certain shortcomings which needed to be addressed, and as a successor of LMS came LXP. LMS is known to use Push type prescriptive learning. The LMS system was built keeping in mind any needs that the learning administrators might have. LMS assisted administrators in creating a compulsory pathway that was to be completed by its learners.
It is because of this reason that LMS was a perfect selection for any compliance-related training intervention. Even though it may be considered successful in many ways, LMS also initiated a feeling of dislike for any sort of online learning experience. The reason for this is simply that no individual wants to be told what to do.
Then came the learning experience platform, LXP, which focuses greatly on the learner’s needs. This further came to be known as a pull-type system which was learner lead. When we talk about learning in general in LXP, its major advantage has an open library approach. Just gives the learners a sense of freedom that enables them to search content easily, browse it, and even discover any content that may be important or relevant. All of this can be done from an already existing catalog of options.
The content that is available at the online library is one that has been sourced from and n number of online platforms. Let’s assume that you are a learner and you want to access companies’ training and learning documents. The learners could simply use some online videos and content from different publishers or websites. This creates a situation where the learner can define their own pathway.
Apart from this, learning experience platforms also enable any personalized recommendation which may be specific to a learner. In situations where the LXP is still new, it makes use of artificial intelligence to make such recommendations. The top lxp platforms are focused on creating a collaborative and social learning environment for its learners. LXP also greatly focuses on social features, which makes peer-to-peer sharing and interaction much more effective.
Key features of the learning experience platform
Just like its predecessor LMS, LXP too has several features, and to make it easier for you to understand, we can broadly describe them under three basic features. These are as under:
- The user remains the main focus: while using the LXP, one would notice that the overall environment created mainly focuses only on the user. Anything and everything on the platform is designed to make the learning experience for the learner comfortable.
- The method of making this experience comfortable for the learner is by using social learning, online games, personalization, and gamification, thereby adding a formal narrative to the formal learning. The availability of these aspects ensures that the user enjoys optimum engagement.
- As high as 87% of the employees feel that gamification has made their work much more productive. LXP, in its way, would try and mimic the chic and modern content sites and media may have. These platforms are designed in a way that they offer an effective search, a wide variety of content an interface that is easy to navigate.
- Personalized recommendations: where is the most effective example that we could give under this heading is the use of Netflix, and the reason why you could never stop watching a single series or show is all thanks to these personalized recommendation engines. The reason that Netflix intelligently knows the kind of content that the user may like and the timing of recommending this content is because of personalized recommendation engines that smartly gather information. And the answer to the question is by making use of contextualization. In this approach, you greatly reduce the amount of doing what your taste and liking is and filter out the unnecessary parts, which in turn ensures much more effective learning.
- Social interaction: when we talk about LXP in general, these platforms greatly promote a very informal method of interaction. And it is because of this that it is no news that LXP promotes social interaction. One of the most obvious ways of learning is by watching others do it and then replicating the same, and this is exactly what social interaction is all about
- On this platform, you get several social interactions which may be mentioned as under:
- A better opportunity to interact with experts
- Collaboration that happens via social media needs
- Interactions that happen in various discussion groups
- It also includes a live interaction feature that promotes real-time interactions and feedback.
When executed in the above fashion, even the younger generation enjoys learning since social media is something that has greatly impacted the generation.
Which one is better LXP or LMP?
After reading through the whole matter above, if you are still wondering which one is better, the answer to this question is simple. Both, yes, you got it correct it is both. Your selection would depend upon what it is that you are trying to achieve.
An LMS would be a better pick for someone who is in a very regulated industry, has focus learning programs, and provides a certificate since it would offer faster and harder controls. In case empowering your learner is your priority, then the most obvious pick would be going with LXP.
For someone looking for the ultimate solution making use of both LXP and LMP are advisable. In this situation, the learning platform enables both admin-centric and user-centric qualities. This combination thereby provides a higher impact and highly engaging experience for not only the learner but also the admin.
Hello, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us technology blog and submit a guest posts on different platforms- we provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests.